Why It's Fun to be a Numps

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

This Numps Has Lumps 'n' Bumps (And They're Almost As Annoying As This Title)

Dammit. I didn't know my little self-description thingy would show, so I practically repeated it in my first post! Grr. Well, guess what? I'm too frickin' lazy to go back and change it. So deal with it.

Anyway, onto this post. I have eight enlarged and generally f*cked-up lymph nodes all around my neck right now. And they've been popping up over the time span of three months and they're not going away. Yeah, so that's not normal. I went to the doctor a few times about my lumpies, and among other tests I got a fine-needle aspiration done on one of the nodes which came back negative for everything under the sun (i.e. cat scratch, mono, TB, lymphoma), so they just said my lymph nodes are screwed up for no reason. 'Cuz THAT makes sense! Anyway, that was back when I only had four effed-up nodes, and the number has since doubled, so this Friday when I'm at home (we have an Extended Weekend this weekend, so we get to go home from Thursday to Sunday), we're gonna try to snag me an excisional biopsy and perhaps a ct scan to definitively rule out lymphoma. Apparently, fine-needle aspirations are least accurate in diagnosing lymphoma. Well, that's just great. Grr. Oh well. I swear, if they take out one of the nodes and have to shave my head around it and I end up with a bald spot, I'm gonna henna tattoo a smiley face on the bald patch. Really, I will.
All these doctor appointments are making me get behind in school, and it's pissing me off. Ah, well, life sucks and then you die. Just kidding :)
Sorry 'bout this post. Just wanted to vent about my damn lumps 'cuz they suck.
Off to Precalculus class! Fun fun! Yeah right.

~Jennie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home